To get a smoking hot bikini body this summer, you have to shock your muscles to get it into sizzling shape. You need to challenge your body because if you don’t, you burn fewer calories and your metabolism and results flat- line—exactly what you don't want to happen when your goal is scoring a bikini body! Your workout is varied depending on your workout style. Aerobics are surely the fastest way to weight loss, but resistance training is what adds the muscle tone. Resistance training refers to any exercise done using weights. This may be the weight of your body, as in a push-up or pull-up, or it may be from resistance from a machine, cable, stretch band, dumbbell or barbell. Muscle burns more calories than fat and other tissues. Muscle keeps burning calories even while your body is at rest! Keep in mind that every workout should be a total body routine for maximum results!
By Shpresa Villani Fitness Editor and Owner of Lady of America White Plains NY.
- Take a "before" picture. This will help keep you motivated, and will make you feel incredibly satisfied when you finally take that Hot Bikini Shot!
- Buy the bikini you want to wear (unless you already own it) and hang it up in a place where you will see it every day. This will serve as a constant reminder about why you started, especially on those difficult days when you just want to give up.
- Find a weight loss buddy. You can help keep each other motivated and entertained when motivation levels are low, and even compete with one another as an extra incentive.
- Join an exercise class at your gym if you are a member. Choose an exercise class that you enjoy. This way you are more likely to stick with it.
- Get a personal trainer to jumpstart your weight loss and design a perfect exercise routine for your specific needs.
- Keep a food and/or exercise journal. People who keep track of what they eat tend to lose more weight than those who don't. Be sure to read food labels and include toppings, dressings, and sauces when calculating your caloric intake
- Do 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times a week. Examples include walking, running, jogging, biking, swimming, and/or hiking. Exercises like these improve your cardiovascular health and increase your metabolism, even after you have finished exercising.
- Make simple lifestyle changes. If you can't find the time to do a formal exercise, then make simple changes like walk around the local mall or a park for a few hours. Clean the house or do other errands that require you to be on your feet.
- Reduce your caloric intake. This is extremely important if you are trying to lose weight. Remember that exercise alone will not make you lose weight; you will absolutely have to change your diet. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits. These foods are nutrient-rich, and will help keep you full and energized throughout the day. Leafy green vegetables and non-starchy vegetables are the best for you; keep fruit to just a few pieces a day. Eat lean proteins. Turkey, chicken and fish are low in fat but rich in protein. If you are a vegetarian, try tofu, veggie burgers, and eggs.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Not only will water improve your skin's appearance, it will also help keep you full in between meals.